A WIWE is a cardio diagnostic device.
The device provides information on the average heart rate, on the possible deviation from normal ECG and on blood-oxygen saturation (SpO2) rate. It displays arrhythmia, the risk for afib-related stroke and the deviation of the state of the heart muscle from normal. The device also features a pedometer function.
WIWE is listed on the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a Class IIa diagnostic medical device. The ARTG Certificate can be found here (opens in new tab).
In 60 seconds, WIWE provides risk assessments for:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) (Measurement of the electrical activity of the heart)
- Arrhythmia measurements Heart rhythm
- Atrial Fibrillation detection Atrial Fibrillation can cause blood clots that can block the blood supply to vital organs and lead to stroke. Atrial Fibrillation may also be a sign of heart disease
- Ventricular repolarization Heterogeneity examination Increased heterogeneity of ventricular cardiac cells electrical instability) increases the probability of hazardous arrhythmias (ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation), which may lead to sudden cardiac arrest
- Oxygen Saturation Levels of oxygen in the blood
- Heart Rate Heart contractions per minute
- Manufactured in Europe
- Provided with a 2-year warranty
- TGA listed Class IIa diagnostic medical device
Furthermore, WIWE has:
- P wave detection
- 98.69% accuracy
- Compatible with IOS, Android and reports can be saved on PC
- No further costs
- Free App
- Limitless recordings (only limited to smart device memory)
Scope of WIWE
- WIWE is a measuring device that monitors the properties of the user’s cardiac activities with the help of an application that runs on smartphones. It is a device that serves mainly for checking the heart rhythm – at home and on the way.Do not use the device during driving or activities which may cause danger!
- WIWE does not replace neither medical checks of heart activities, nor medical ECG recording, which can be achieved with a more complex, multi-channel ECG measuring configuration.
- WIWE will not prepare diagnosis of the potential causes based on the changes in ECG. This is exclusively reserved for your doctor.
Evaluation of the result, risk levels
The accurate evaluation and detailed representation of the recorded measurements are done with the help of an application that is free to download from application stores (App Store and Google Play online stores). For the evaluation, the phone receives data from the device via Bluetooth connection. The evaluated measurements appear on the phone’s screen showing its risk levels, and can be forwarded to the doctor via e-mail with one tap.